Store Policies (Shipping/Returns)
Online Payment Methods
- For all US orders we accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, and Paypal.
- All orders over $35 qualify for free shipping!
- For orders under $35 we offer flat rate shipping charges based on your order weight. Orders light enough to be mailed USPS First Class (under 15oz) will be charged $3 or you can upgrade to USPS Priority Mail at $6. Orders that do not qualify for USPS First Class (those over 15oz) will ship USPS Priority Mail for $6.
- USPS Delivery Confirmation on every package; Please contact us prior to ordering if you would like to add USPS insurance to your package (at your cost)
- At this time, we do not ship outside of the United States (with the exception of APO addresses). Any orders placed with an international shipping address will be canceled and have the payment refunded
- Please note: As our storefront is closed Sunday and Monday packages will normally ship out Tuesday through Saturday
General Return and Exchange Policies
- Service fees (such as classes/workshops, private consults, carrier fittings, and babywearing tune-ups) are non-refundable.
- Products marked "Clearance" are final sale; No returns/refunds/exchanges apply.
- Pre-orders which are canceled by the customer before shipping will be refunded minus a 10% restocking fee.
- Special order items are non-refundable.
- Returned items must be in new condition, unwashed and unused, with all tags still attached and with original packaging. Within 30 days of purchase you can receive a refund of your choice of original form of payment or store credit. Some exceptions apply to our 30 day policy on returns; Please read the sections below on returning baby carriers for more information.
- If the item(s) you want to return were bought from our online store and qualified for free shipping, you will receive a refund less the shipping charges we incurred originally mailing the item(s) to you.
- If choosing to return the item(s) you have purchased through the mail, we request that you contact us beforehand by email so that we know to expect a return. We also request that you send a printed copy of your order confirmation along with the item(s) you want to return or exchange. Please note that customers returning via mail service are responsible for paying return postage charges. We also strongly suggest purchasing postal insurance for the item you are returning since we cannot be held responsible for items lost or damaged in transit.
- When returning an item that you originally purchased with a gift certificate or was bought off of your registry you will receive store credit.
- If you have received an item as a gift from our store that you would like to return you will receive store credit.
Returning or Exchanging a Baby Carrier
At Bean Tree Baby our goal is to help parents find a baby carrier that will suit their lifestyle. We are always available to help troubleshoot the fit or use of any carrier purchased from us via email or phone, and we also offer in person help at our storefront or in your home (in Connecticut) via a private consult. We understand that sometimes a certain carrier just doesn’t work for a parent or their baby, so we offer returns and exchanges based on the following criteria:
- Carriers in “new” condition may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of purchase. For a new carrier return you will receive your choice of a refund or store credit (as outlined above). The carrier must be unused/unwashed, clean/scent free, with tags/registration card still attached, and have all of its original packaging and instructions included. Please note: We cannot accept returns on used carriers; If you are unsure of what type of carrier may work best for your family we strongly encourage a visit to our storefront to try on carriers before purchasing!
- If you are purchasing a baby carrier before the arrival of your baby please note this in the comment box during checkout, along with your baby's "estimated due date". We will start the 30 day return period at the date you give us instead of the purchase date so as to give you time to test out the carrier with your baby after s/he arrives!