Babywearing Basics for Professionals
Babywearing Basics is facilited by Clover Heske, professional babywearing educator and owner of Bean Tree Baby. This workshop is geared towards perinatal care professionals who are interested in learning the basics of babywearing during the newborn period.
Babywearing Basics covers:
- Babywearing safety information
- Optimal ergonomic positioning for wearer's comfort and baby's physical development
- Demonstration and practice of five main types of carriers (pouch, ring sling, wrap, bei dai, and soft structured/buckle carrier)
- Basic babywearing troubleshooting skills
- Discussion on current trends in babywearing and special situations
Registration* for the workshop will be open until the day prior, as long as it does not fill beforehand. Please bring with you any carriers you personally own; Our demo carriers will be available to work with as well. Non-mobile babies are welcome to attend along with you. The workshop will run for 5 hours (12-5pm) and we will have a break time and accommodations available for pumping, if needed. The workshop will be held at the Bean Tree Baby store in New Britain, CT. Directions and parking information can be found here.
*Registration is required for this workshop and attendance will be capped at 8 people; We will need a minimum of 4 people to run the workshop. As we understand the unpredictable scheduling needs of perinatal professionals, workshop registration will be refunded if you are called in to a birth. A refund will also be available should we not be able to meet the minimum registration of 4 people. Your registration can also be moved to the next workshop date in lieu of a refund.
We Also Recommend